New improved model is available at http://rcnn2.modelderm.com. The sensitivity using the ISIC dataset (https://www.isic-archive.com; TAG = JID2018 Editorial Image) improved from 52% to 69%.
Instruction and Warning
1. We strongly recommend to use high resolution images over 3000x2000 pixels. Currently, the minimal resolution of the blob detection is set to 256x256 pixels.
2. Please test with two macro (extreme close-up) and two close-up (distance enough to fill face in the frame) images with different angles. Select the final value as the highest value among the results of four photographs.
3. The secondary changes of the lesion (i.e. laser surgery, curretage) may be a cause of false positive.
4. The diagnostic performance made with images alone was inferior to that of actual practice.
The Result of the Retrospective Study
Red rectangle : Sensitivity = 79.1%, Specificity = 76.9%
Orange rectangle : Sensitivity = 62.7%, Specificity = 90.0%
- Actual Practice in a Tertiary Hospital
From Top-3 : Sensitivity = 88.1%, Specificity = 83.8%
From Top-1 : Sensitivity = 70.2%, Specificity = 95.6%